Saturday, April 18, 2009

What I love about Little Hill Towns

The stream gurgling in the valley,
The sparrows dust bathing in the street,
The church bell at 12,
The ferns on the old stone wall,
The ice-cream man on hot afternoons,
The road winding up the hill,
The lambs nibbling on the hedge plants,
The corner tea shop,
Waiting for hours in a scenic bus stop,
The white daisies nodding in the evening breeze,
Million twinkling stars in the night,
The owlet calling from the mango tree.

White daisy
One of the most precious looking things around here.

The above poem is dedicated to Mercy who helped me discover the joy behind little things. This perspective has really transformed my world.

5 comments:

  1. The first comment in your blog
    am sure this is destined to go a long way
    let this reach millions and be very informative , congrats,
    and ofcourse a great post
    sunand

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice piece of poetry ! lets one see what the place looks like without being there ! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice blog~
    I live in Seoul, Korea.
    Do you know Seoul, Korea.
    Feel free to visit my blog!
    Thanks a lot~
    Have a wonderful day~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi deena, the poem brought tears to my eyes...thanks for dedicating it to me...i loved the details in it..... its lovely..... ur changing into something that i feel in my heart is going to touch a million lives.... thank you for standing with me in prayer and in love... i am learning that it is not only important to give love but also to receive..... and i am glad that i have an eternity ahead to share this love with you. love u god bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tilte for your blog is perfect.... i wish the world for you that all ur lil dreams will come true.

    ReplyDelete